Tuesday, February 25, 2014

SLC Comic-Con Fan Xperience

You guys. You have no idea how excited I am for this. In the past couple of days, I've decided a few things - I'm going to make a completely epic cosplay, and I'm going to blog the day by day makings of it so you can see, I can straighten it out in my brain, and I don't end up with a post a mile long that I skim over because I'm tired of the whole project. So... it begins.

Day 1. 

First I had to decide on a character. Behold:
Lux, the lady of luminosity! Are you impressed that I found an attractive female video game character with believable boobs and not an ounce of cleavage? I am, sometimes. But I also enjoy playing her, so I won't feel like a fraud flouncing around as her for a day.

 I looked at a lot of various pictures, found a few papercraft models, and most importantly consulted my genius of a mother for building ideas.

Day 2.

I spent several hours on the internet (more than I intended) researching different building materials people commonly use and watching tutorials on youtube (have I ever mentioned how much I love the internet?)

I determined I was going to use craft foam, because even though wonderflex sounds like an incredible thing I've still never done this before.

Also, I found a full handless/headless blue bodysuit for about $20, and it should get here in a couple weeks. (Again. Internet. <3)

It's day 3 right now, but I'm only beginning! I'll get back to you guys. Trust me, I can't shut up about this. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment